Morning rituals can be one of the cornerstones to a health life.
Do you crawl out of bed after hitting the snooze button at least 5 times and hope the shower will wake you up? Somehow, by the time you finish your shower, you are running late? You rush around trying to dress and get out the door. You don’t have time for breakfast, so you stop at your coffee shop to grab a latte or better yet, an espresso and maybe, a muffin or bagel.
The way you spend your mornings is the way you spend your day. Highly successful and happy people will tell you that having morning rituals ensure their days go better. They are able to handle the daily emergencies and grind with a more positive attitude.
I used to struggle with my mornings. I was cranky and groggy. The brain fog was horrible. It never really cleared until late in the evening. Then I was wired and tired at night, so I would stay up late. I was not the best person to be around. I decided to find a way to create a morning routine. Now I am a morning person. I get up around 6 a.m., 7 days a week. I have time to relax and enjoy the morning and my days go smoother. I am a better wife and Mom.
My Morning Routine
- My alarm rings and I turn it off. I stretch and get out of bed. I make my bed. Once in a great while I will hit the snooze now if I have a slower morning, and I want to think about my day. I normally get up before it rings again.
- Go to the bathroom and then wash my face.
- I hug my husband good morning and chat with him for a few minutes until he leaves for work at 6:15 a.m.
- I get an organic lemon and squeeze half into a tall glass of water. Drink. It is good to hydrate your body immediately and the lemon gives you an extra boost for digestive and immune systems.
- I do oil pulling occasionally. This one isn’t every day, but every few days or a week at a time, depending on my health goals at the moment. I put coconut oil in my mouth, set a timer and move on to my prayer and devotion time.
- I do my prayer and devotion time. I actually walk in my house during this time. I used to fall asleep because I was sitting while praying. Can’t sit without getting tired in the morning, so now I walk, get about 3000 steps in toward my 10,000 for the day and spend time with God. Right now I am also doing a 10 minute meditation.
- I love challenges, so if I am participating in exercise challenge right now. I like to change it up.
- I check email, respond, figure out what is important.
- I check Facebook and post in my Savvy Circle Facebook Group.
- My son comes upstairs and we chat. Sometimes we get some homeschooling done before he goes to high school. He is taking 2 classes at the public school. He does the rest at home later in the morning.
- I eat a good breakfast with protein and healthy fats. I usually have a banana a little later for a snack.
- I work for a couple of hours.
- Take a break to walk my dog a mile before my son comes back home at 10:30.
That is my morning. It is filled with routine. I am a believer that routines help you accomplish your goals and achieve your dreams. I don’t have to think about what is next. Those 4.5 hours from when I wake until my son comes home or relaxing, energizing and I get a lot done. No matter what happens after that, I already feel ahead of the game.
I am taking care of myself spiritually, mentally, physically and even my relationships.
If you are looking for ideas to create a healthy morning routine, check out 8 Simple Practices to Begin Your Day and start small. Incorporate just one into your morning. It doesn’t have to take long, but just start, and you will be moving toward better health.
Comment below with what your morning routine or ritual is. It can be a short or long routine. Do what works for you. Share so the rest of us can learn.
Instant free download for you: 7 Ways to Kill Sugar Cravings.
Linking up to: