Do you take time to reflect and plan on your life? Many of us do that at the beginning of the year, but why wait? Take time now. Go ahead, schedule it on your calendar right now.
It is important to look back and see what is working and what isn’t working. However, do not dwell on the ‘not so good’. Take what you can from those things and move forward.
I would suggest developing and writing down your priorities that you develop based on this reflection time. You may want to read Schedule Your Priorities or They Aren’t Priorities? Take a look at all areas of your life. Know what your priorities are and then make a plan of action by scheduling those priorities into your day.
Let’s talk about your Health. Stop thinking you are going to do healthy things in order to lose weight. Studies show that isn’t motivating enough. For a good read on the studies you may want to read, No Sweat: How the Simple Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness by Michelle Segar, Ph. D. A better reason is you want to live a healthy life or you are a healthy person.
In order to get to the point where health is a part of your mindset, you may want to create a mantra or several mantras to say each day. Repeating mantras helps you internalize your priorities and values.
Download the Free Printable Print, cut out and keep with you .
Try some of these or come up with your own.
20 Inspiring Healthy Living Mantras
- I am healthy.
- I live a healthy life.
- I am blessed with good health.
- I enjoy feeding my body nourishing food.
- I enjoy moving my body.
- I enjoy walking. (or any other exercise you enjoy.)
- I am worthy of good health.
- My body loves me and is doing its best to be in harmony and balance.
- I am moving from junk food thinking to health food thinking.
- I am a magnet for health.
- I am open and receptive to all the healthy lifestyle has to offer me.
- My body is flexible and fluid.
- I choose to drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces.
- I choose to limit my sugar intake.
- My body rewards me for taking care of it.
- I love to actively and passionately pursue health.
- I enjoy working out.
- My positive attitude about health attracts healthy friends to support me.
- Weight is just a number. How my body feels is what is important.
- I feel energetic or I have energy.
This list was inspired by Lyndsey Brent, Business Strategist at LyndseyBrent.com
Do you have a health mantra? Share in the comments.
Linking up to: Friday Favorites